The Arizona Seal of Biliteracy is an award made by Catalina Foothills School District and the Arizona Department of Education to recognize graduating seniors who have attained proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English and at least one other world language. The Seal will be placed on an eligible student’s diploma and will also be noted on the student’s transcript. Students who earn this award will also be recognized by the Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board.
The Seal of Biliteracy is important because it:
- Recognizes a student’s proficiency in English and another language;
- Signals evidence of a student’s readiness for college and career, and for engagement as a global citizen;
- Provides students with a way to document marketable global competencies that they have developed;
- Recognizes the skills of multilingualism and multiculturality as strong assets in today’s global society;
- Informs colleges/universities and employers about a student’s ability to communicate in English and another language and;
- Honors multiple cultures and languages in our community.
Students who wish to pursue the Arizona Seal of Biliteracy are encouraged to register for a STAMP test to demonstrate proficiency in the world language(s) of their choice. Registration information and test fees are available by clicking on the links under "Upcoming Events" on the CFHS Counseling Department's Homepage.
2022-23 STAMP TESTING SCHEDULE
Test Session #1: Friday, October 21
Test Session #2: Friday, November 18
Test Session #3: Friday, December 2
Test Session #4: Friday, January 20
Starting on August 26, please visit the CFHS Counseling Department's Homepage (under "Upcoming Events") to register for your selected test date(s).